Discover South Africa, a country that combines the cosmopolitan vigor of modern cities with magnificent wildlife viewing in national parks.
- Cape Town: Experience all that this cosmopolitan city has to offer, including excursions to Table Mountain and Robben Island. Embark on a boat trip to see Cape fur seals at Hout Bay. Drive along the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope. Visit a penguin colony on Boulders Beach. Follow the Cape Town wine route in the Cape Winelands, tasting the “fruits of the vines.”
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve: Embark on some of Africa’s best safari excursions in private reserves like MalaMala and Singita, located in the Greater Kruger National Park region. Marvel at the “big five”—lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, rhino and elephant, and go on walking safaris into the bush in the company of experienced rangers and trackers.
- Hermanus: Embrace unparalleled coastal beauty while spotting southern right whales.
- Rovos Rail or Blue Train: Board a luxurious train and explore South Africa’s countryside on a journey from Cape Town to Pretoria, or the “Jacaranda City.”
- Johannesburg: Delve into South African history with visits to the Apartheid Museum and Soweto, the largest residential area in South Africa and a historic symbol of South Africa’s struggle with apartheid.
Best Time to Travel
South Africa is a year-round destination. For the best weather conditions for safari, we recommend traveling to South Africa from June to September. For the best weather in Cape Town we recommend traveling December to February.
Let us customize your trip to South Africa. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining South Africa with other destinations in the region such as Botswana and Zambia.