Witness some of the richest wildlife areas in the world in Tanzania, and unwind on the pristine beaches of an exotic spice island.
- Serengeti National Park: Encounter the “big five”—lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, rhino, and elephant on game drives, and witness the annual Great Migration of zebra, gazelle, and wildebeest that passes through the area.
- Ngorongoro Crater: Embark on a game drive in search of rhino, cheetah, lion, hyena, hippo, and many more of Africa’s spectacular animals. Learn about the unique history and culture of the Maasai people during a local village visit.
- Mount Kilimanjaro: Climb Africa’s highest peak on a fully-supported trek with a team of experienced guides, porters, and cooks.
- Zanzibar: Relax on this fabled spice island that offers a combination of ancient Islamic ruins and noble Arabic houses with miles of white, palm-fringed beaches and coves.
- Lake Manyara National Park: Spot the elephants, hippos, and giraffes that make their home on the edge of this Rift Valley Lake during morning and afternoon game drives.
- Selous Game Reserve: Explore the largest protected wilderness reserve on the continent by vehicle, boat, and on foot.
- Tarangire National Park: Set out on a walking safari in this park known for its iconic baobab trees and high concentration of elephants.
- Gombe Stream National Park: Venture into rugged hills in search of chimpanzees in the same park where Jane Goodall spent decades conducting groundbreaking behavioral research on chimpanzees.
- Mahale Mountains National Park: Snorkel along the eastern shore of Lake Tanganyika after a day of tracking chimpanzees, red colobus monkeys, warthogs, and more than 350 bird species.
Best Time to Travel
Tanzania is a year-round destination for safari. For the best weather conditions, we recommend traveling to Tanzania from June to October, and December to March. If climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, we do not recommend traveling in April or May, as this time of year is particularly rainy and can make trekking challenging.
Let us customize your trip to Tanzania. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Tanzania with other destinations in the region such as Rwanda and Kenya.