Discover Uganda, “the pearl of Africa,” during game drives and excursions to track chimpanzees and endangered mountain gorillas in dense primeval forests.
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: Track mountain gorillas in the dense primeval forest that is home to 400 of the remaining 880 mountain gorillas in the wild.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park: Encounter hippo, crocodile, elephant, and hundreds of bird species during a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel.
- Kibale Forest National Park: Venture into the forest to track 13 remarkable primate species, including chimpanzees, red colobus monkeys, and L’Hoest’s monkeys.
- Lake Victoria: Embark on a boat ride to Ngamba Island to visit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary. This 100-acre island of forested habitat is home to many orphaned chimps and other wildlife such as hippos, otters, and monitor lizards.
- Lake Mburo National Park: Set out on a game drive in this park that encompasses a mosaic of habitats – rolling hillsides, rocky outcrops, grassy valleys, open savannas, forest, lakes, and swamps – which are home to zebra, topi, and spotted hyena.
Best Time to Travel
Uganda is a year-round destination for safari. For the best weather conditions, especially for gorilla tracking, we recommend traveling to Uganda from June to September, and December to March.
Let us customize your trip to Uganda. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Uganda with other destinations in the region such as Rwanda.