Venture to Thailand and discover bustling cities, rich culture, and verdant coastlines.
- Bangkok: Experience a city of sharp contrasts, where towering skyscrapers press up against merchant shop-houses, and luxury cars squeeze past vendors with pushcarts. Visit the dazzling Royal Palace and the city’s countless pagodas, or shop in the modern malls and traditional open-air markets.
- Ayutthaya: Discover the old communication and trading pipeline of Thailand, and World Heritage site. Picture the wealth and grandiose of the city unmatched by European capitals of the time through a number of unique Buddhist sculptures created over its long history.
- Sukhothai: Learn about the golden age of Thailand by visiting the first capital of the kingdom. Enjoy priceless Buddhist art considered some of the most unique and beautiful in Asian history.
- Chiang Mai: Within a ring of mountains, delve into a city rich in history juxtaposed with a growing modern culture. Attend meditation, yoga, and massage classes, or explore the outdoors by elephant through the lush countryside.
- Chiang Rai: Visit the quieter version of Chiang Mai, a good base to explore the hill-tribe villages near the Golden Triangle, a remote area where Myanmar, Thailand and Laos meet.
- Koh Samui: Relax on white sand beaches under coconut palms while enjoying fresh seafood. Swim in the clear waters and partake in snorkeling or a number of other aquatic activities.
- Phuket: Embrace the endless coastal scenery with tropical rainforest, limestone cliffs, and sandy beaches. Head inland to visit the coconut, pineapple, cashew and rubber plantations, or dip in the water for some of Thailand’s best diving opportunities.
Best Time to Travel
Thailand can best be described as tropical and humid for the majority of the country during most of the year. The area of Thailand north of Bangkok has a climate determined by three seasons while the southern peninsular region of Thailand has only two.
Let us customize your trip to Thailand. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Thailand with other destinations in the region such as Cambodia and Laos.