Journey to Costa Rica, one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet.
- Tortuguero National Park: Witness the magical spectacle of nesting sea turtles during a visit to this national park. Six different types of turtles migrate to these beaches, making the park one of the most important turtle nesting sites in the world.
- Arenal Volcano National Park: Volcanologists from all over the world come here to study the volcano where clouds of ash and occasional lava are still seen from safe vantage points. During a guided rain forest walk, see some of the plants, birds, and other animal species that call the rain forest home. Swing through the trees like a modern-day Tarzan on a zip-line, and relax in the soothing thermal waters of a natural hot spring.
- Braulio Carrillo National Park: Enjoy bird-watching from a float cruise or enjoy the thrill of white-water rafting. Visit La Selva Biological Station, one of the world’s most important centers for rain forest research.
- Manuel Antonio National Park: Spot brilliantly colored scarlet macaws, sloths, and capuchin monkeys playing in the trees, or cruise along the shoreline while snorkeling and dolphin-watching.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve : Explore the magical cloud forest, fly through the canopy on zip-lines, or enjoy a more relaxing walk through the canopy. Visit local cheese and coffee cooperatives in the nearby town.
Best Time to Travel
Costa Rica is a fantastic year-round destination, but for the best weather conditions, we recommend visiting the country during the “dry season” from December to April.
Let us customize your trip to Costa Rica. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Costa Rica with other destinations in the region such as Nicaragua.