Venture to Honduras, a hauntingly beautiful and incredibly diverse country on the verge of touristic discovery.
- Mayan Ruins of Copan: Discover the far west of Honduras, along the border of Guatemala, and explore this archaeological site of the Mayan civilization named the first UNESCO World Heritage site in Honduras.
- Bay Islands: Explore the endless wonders that surround the deepest lake in Central American. Visit prevailing Mayan communities such as Santiago Atitlán, or cruise the lake by lancha (small boat) or kayak.
- Punta Sal / Jeanette Kawas : Head to the north coast and step onto white sand beaches, dip into the Caribbean for some snorkeling, and howl with the howler monkeys, at this beachside national park.
- The Rio Platano Biosphere: Delve into the watershed of the Río Plátano in the northeast of Honduras, declared World Heritage site by the UNESCO in 1982. At 3,263 square miles, this massive biosphere is one of the few remaining pieces of tropical rain forest in Central America. Explore its great biodiversity and exotic ecosystems, including vast mangrove swamps, pine forests, savannas, tropical rainforests, and elfin forest.
- Pulhapanzak Waterfall and Lake Yojoa: Make your way to the region around Lake Yojoa containing one of the richest avifauna in Central America with more than 400 species of birds.
- Colonial Heritage in Gracias: Stroll the cobblestone streets and learn the country’s history and tangible colonial heritage in this town flanked by the Parque Nacional Montaña de Celaque, with the highest peak in Honduras.
Best Time to Travel
For the best weather conditions, we recommend traveling to Honduras during the “dry season” months of December to April.
Let us customize your trip to Honduras. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Honduras with other destinations in the region such as Belize.