Explore Nicaragua, the “land of lakes and volcanoes”.
- Montibelli Private Nature Reserve: Hike through this lush nature reserve, searching for Nicaragua’s national bird, the Guardabarranco, and the colorful, red-eyed tree frog.
- León: Explore this colonial city which boasts the largest cathedral in Central America. Climb Cerro Negro Volcano and, if you dare, slide down its ashy lava slopes on an ashboard.
- Mombacho Volcano Natural Reserve: Explore the country’s rich biodiversity on a nature walk through this stunning natural reserve.
- Granada: Enjoy this colorful colonial town, strolling through its Parque Central with the locals.
- San Juan del Sur: Kayak or take a motorized boat through Lake Nicaragua’s isletas, idyllic small islands rich in local flora and fauna, and relax on the beach.
Best Time to Travel
Nicaragua is a year-round destination, but for the best weather conditions, we recommend visiting the country during the “dry season” from December to April.
Let us customize your trip to Nicaragua. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Nicaragua with other destinations in the region such as Costa Rica and Panama.