Greece, the cradle of Western culture, has a 5000-year old history riddled with myth and legend, and an impressive combination of ancient archaeological sites, natural beauty and modern contrasts.
- Athens: Marvel as the majestic Acropolis looms over the modern capital city, a past protecting its future. Get to know the proud and friendly Athenians as you wander through local shops and restaurants in the picturesque Plaka district.
- Olympia: Considered as one of the most picturesque major sites in the Peloponnese, Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games with the first races run in 776 B.C. View the stadium as well as the Museum of the History of the Olympic Games and ponder the awe-inspiring tradition that began here.
- Delphi: Visit the ruins of this ancient pilgrimage site including the Sanctuary of Apollo and the Treasury of the Athenians, the 5,000 seat amphitheater built in the fourth century B.C.
- Thessaloniki: Explore Greece’s “Second City” including the famous White Tower, the Archaeological and Byzantine museums, and enchanting Byzantine churches. Stroll in the artisan shops of Ano Poli, the old Turkish quarter above the modern city.
- Crete: The largest of the Greek islands was the center of the Minoan civilization regarded as the earliest recorded civilization in Europe. Today it is a holiday destination filled with archaeological interests, outdoor adventures and relaxing pursuits.
- The Cyclades Isles: Island hop in the Cyclades where the isles are similar in aesthetics but each has a unique personality. Enjoy the picturesque Venetian villages of Tenos, the archaeological gems of Delos and incomparable terraced landscape of Santorini.
Best Time to Travel
or best weather conditions, we recommend traveling to Greece during the months of April to September.
Let us customize your trip to Greece. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Greece with other destinations in the region such as Italy and Croatia.