Poised at the crossroads between East and West, Turkey’s rich heritage is shaped by the influences of many empires.
- Istanbul: Experience this bustling cosmopolitan city, which straddles the Bosphorus, separating the continents of Europe and Asia. Embark on a tour of ancient Ottoman history, visiting the Hagia Sophia, the Underground Cistern, and the stunning imperial grounds of Topkapı Palace. Embrace the traditions of Islam at the Blue Mosque, known for its exquisite collection of bright blue Iznik tiles. Wander through the Grand Bazaar and spice market, encountering the sights and sounds of this magical city.
- Troy: Visit the Gallipoli battlefields and explore the archaeological wonder of Troy, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Izmir: Stroll down the beautiful Kordon Promenade in this chic sea-side city. Journey to the Acropolis of Pergamon, a city that once rivaled Athens in the Hellenistic Period, or visit the impressive ruins of the ancient Greco-Roman city of Ephesus. Explore the ancient Greek cities of Ionia and Miletos, and sample fruit wines in the idyllic hillside village of Şirince.
- Cappadocia: Explore Cappadocia, famous for its underground dwellings and frescoed churches carved into the soft tuff stone, and its surreal landscape dotted with conical rock formations known as fairy chimneys. Venture down into the famous under-ground city of Kaymaklı, which offered protection from marauding armies throughout the centuries. Hike through picturesque rose-colored valleys, or take a hot air balloon ride above this unique landscape.
- Bodrum: Relax and take in stunning views of the sea and its surrounding hillsides in this charming port town. Set sail on the sparkling turquoise waters of the Aegean, or learn about the preservation of ancient shipwrecks at the Museum of Underwater Archaeology located inside the famous St. Peter’s Castle.
Best Time to Travel
While Turkey can be a year-round destination due to its many diverse geographical regions, we recommend traveling during the months of April to October for the best weather conditions.
Let us customize your trip to Turkey. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining Turkey with other destinations in the region such as Greece and Jordan.