Diverse natural beauty awaits you in New Zealand. Explore dense mountain rainforests, sparkling lakes and waterfalls, and remote mountain passes.
- Wellington: Learn about the country’s culture, history, art, and nature at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. Visit the Parliament Buildings, including “The Beehive,” to learn about the country’s government and the innovative technology used to “quake proof” the city’s historic buildings.
- Marlborough Sounds: Taste world class wines and eat fresh mussels from a greenshell mussel aqua-farm while learning about the importance of New Zealand’s largest seafood export. Walk through native forest, swim from the beach, kayak the clear waters, and relax under blue skies.
- Queenstown: Visit New Zealand’s “adventure capital,” tucked into a picturesque bay on the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Watch sheep dogs in action on a visit to Walter Peak High Country Farm or take part in one of the many adventure activities offered here.
- Milford Sound: Experience Milford Sound on a cruise through Fiordland National Park, or enjoy the Milford Track and hike across emerald green valleys and meadows, through beach forests, and over mountain passes.
- Southern Alps: Horseback ride or mountain bike through this rugged range of forested mountains, the largest in New Zealand. Fly-fish or canoe down a rushing mountain stream.
- Rotorua: Journey to Rotorua, on the North Island, New Zealand’s geothermal hot spot, rich with Maori culture. Explore Wai-o-Tapu, a thermal wonderland of impressive geysers and boiling mud pots. Look for the flightless New Zealand kiwi in Rainbow Springs Nature Park.
- Auckland: Explore this booming metropolis, known as the “City of Sails” for the hundreds of yachts streaming through its harbor each day. Sail to picturesque Waiheke Island, known for its unique sculpture park, or embark on an America’s Cup sailing excursion.
Best Time to Travel
New Zealand is a year-round destination and has something for everyone at any time of year.
Let us customize your trip to New Zealand. Start with a sample itinerary below or work with one of our experienced Trip Specialists to design a completely unique program. Many travelers enjoy combining New Zealand with other destinations in the region such as Australia.